I suppose it is time for a brief update on my most ambitious project, which also doubles as the bane of my miniature-addicted world; The Fortress Walls. My time is currently being split between my AdMech force and this.

This has been a project of experimentation. First up we have the ‘steeples’ if you will. Both painted, although only one has been treated with an oil wash. I am uncertain if I like the final product and while I percolate on ways to revise or undo it should I come to a final decisions of ‘nope’, I have moved onto some of the other components.

DSC_0362DSC_0361

Next up we have the main door which can comfortable fit a Baneblade through the doorway. I have settled on airbrushing Leadbelcher although I have run out of the colour in the meantime. Once replenished it will receive another coat, and I will mask out the eagle and then spray copper upon it to match the ‘steeples’.

DSC_0414

The Walls and related components require some final details to be painted (such as control panels), before they will be ready for a Wash. I suspect I will keep it fairly simple and dry brush after the wash and with the exception of some extra TLC for the fine details, leave it at that.

DSC_0410DSC_0411

I have yet to do much of anything with the small components such as Doorways, turrets and Hydra guns but their treatment will likely be similar. Some will likely incorporate blue to break up the various grey colors and to tie it better with my Astra Militarum themes that will be using grey and blue.

More updates to follow. Questions, comments, conundrums, and advice always welcome!

Regards,

Mr. Kalidor

 

Advertisements